VOK Holistic Care (VOHOCA) is a disability services provider based in Collingwood Park, Queensland. We service the Ipswich, Brisbane Region, Lockyer, Scenic Rim and Somerset regions as well as Toowoomba and the area west to the Queensland border.
VOHOCA’s services include:
- Living and Life Skills – such as assisting with financial management, communication skills and lifestyle mentoring;
- Personal Activities – such as housework, laundry, shopping, personal hygiene, dressing, preparation or supply of meals and medication assistance;
- Community Participation – including supported shopping, medical appointments, sporting and recreational events, social activities, visiting or making new friends, travel and transport and building confidence and social skills;
- Respite – in home and centre-based;
- Group and Centre-based Activities – such as social outings and group and social activities on VOHOCA’s premises;
- Life Stages and Transitions – supporting school leavers and those moving out of home or moving from group to independent living to make the transition on their own terms and in a way that meets their goals and aspirations.
VOHOCA supports clients of all ages (children, adults and seniors) and with any disability (including physical, intellectual, multiple disabilities and mental illness).
VOHOCA is dedicated to giving people with disabilities greater choice, control and freedom – empowering them to live life on their own terms across Queensland. VOHOCA supports people with disabilities by enabling them to realise their personal aspirations and goals. For us, having a disability should never limit the degree of choice and control people have over their own lives, and we work hard to make sure the people we support get a fair go.
There’s a world of opportunities and experiences out there, and we are here to help people with disabilities make the most of it. At VOHOCA we believe in challenging the status quo to create a society that is fairer and more inclusive of people with disabilities. For us, there’s nothing more satisfying than discovering where someone wants to go and supporting them in getting there – bringing family members, friends, and carers along on the journey.
Relentless in our pursuit of inclusion and equality, we are committed to ensuring people with a disability are given the respect and opportunities they deserve. Sometimes this means speaking out against injustice, sometimes it’s a matter of changing people’s perceptions and behaviour through education. We’re not afraid to ask the tough questions and have thought provoking conversations – whatever it takes to inspire positive change.
VOHOCA and the NDIS
At VOHOCA we are excited about the improved outcomes the NDIS will bring to people with a disability across Australia, and we are here to help make these positive changes happen.
We are committed to innovation as well as best practice, evidence-based service delivery, to ensure we are constantly striving for better and smarter ways to meet the needs, desires and goals of our clients. Our service delivery is centered on our clients and involves them and their supporters in every aspect of their care. We pride ourselves on our quality service delivery and supporting clients to participate in and belong to the community, while becoming independent, autonomous directors of their own care.
VOHOCA is a Registered NDIS Provider and complies with all Queensland and Commonwealth Government requirements for the delivery of quality and safe disability support services.
Our Vision, Mission and Values
VOHOCA’s Vision is a society that is fairer and more inclusive of people with a disability.
VOHOCA’s Mission is to fulfill the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of people with disabilities and their families and carers, to help them develop their full human potential.
All of VOHOCA’s operations and activities are built upon our Values of:
- Inclusion and Equality
- Choice, Control and Freedom
- Holistic, person-centered care